Gone are the days when businesses or marketers need to have face-to-face interaction to attract potential customers. With the side-by-side developments in the online industry, the process of lead generation has also made a big shift.
According to marketing statistics, social media has 100% higher lead-to-close rate as compared to outbound marketing. With this figure, it is no wonder that social media is known as one of the emerging marketing tools.
However, not all businesses have been utilizing social media for lead generation purposes. In fact, only 6 percent of businesses use social media to generate sales. This is surprising since social media is considered to be one of the most effective marketing strategies for generating leads.
Social media for lead generation is a struggle but with proper understanding of how the whole social strategy works, you will be able to utilize this powerful marketing tool to increase leads and improve ROI. Let’s take a look on some crucial steps to come up with an effective social media lead generation plan.
Proper research is the start of any successful campaign or strategy. This will ensure that your campaign and strategies will run smoothly. A lot of effective business strategies started as theories until marketers delve into their in-depth details to leverage these theories and make effective marketing strategies.
It’s all about research. Gather all necessary information which can help you create an effective plan to start your campaign. Research is crucial for development. With proper research, you will be able to capitalize on the lead generation opportunities that social media is offering to your business. So think and explore first, before you engage.
Before you can start your social media lead generation campaign, you should set a goal. What you want to achieve and how you are going to achieve them. Your goals will have a huge impact on the results you reap at the end.
In setting your goals, these are the factors you need to consider.
- Set short-term and long-term goals.
- Make sure your goals are measurable.
- Set ambitious yet achievable goals.
- Make sure your goals can bring a change.
Setting your goals is not as simple as it is. For sure, in business, you have a lot of things you want to achieve and you can be easily tempted to achieve it all at the same time. But remember that setting your goals needs organization. Prioritize what needs to be prioritized and focus on things that are feasible and concurring to your plan.
Consider Several Social Media Channels
Where do you start your social media campaign? For starters, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are the popular channels they need to be in and it is easy to be overwhelmed by the plethora of things you can do in these social networking sites. But you should not forget that other social sites like Pinterest, G+ and Reddit can have as much value as the 3 social media giants.
Do not neglect underrated social media platforms because you can have more chance of achieving your goals with more social media channels utilized. But be careful in choosing the right channels. It can be tempting to try all social media channels that you know but remember that not all of them can actually be use for your business. For example, LinkedIn is best used for business services while sites like Pinterest is best for e-commerce sites that are offering physical products.
The best way to figure out which social media channels to use is to get to know your audience and influencers better. Find out the answers to these questions;
- Who are your target users?
- Where can they be?
- What platforms your influences are using?
Once you answer these questions you are ready to dive into your social media campaign process.
Make Your Brand Stand Out
Setting your business apart from other competitors in your industry is a plus point in your lead generation effort. Social media is an effective tool for brand awareness and with the right social media strategies; you will be able to make your brand stand out. Here’s how you can use social media to make your brand stand out.
- Take Advantage Of Social Media Features. Take advantage of the numerous social media features. Add Twitter list, join Facebook and LinkedIn Groups and participate in G+ community. These are some of the social media features which can help you build your brand.
- Share Contents. It is not enough that people know your brand, it is also important that you show them your expertise and to do this, you need to share contents about your industry, your consumers or any topic that will showcase your expertise. Furthermore, the content you share should be something that answers your consumers’ questions and can cater their needs.
- Humanize Your Brand. Here’s a fact: Consumers are sick of reading salesy pitches in social media. So minimize from posting self-promotional contents as it can turn-off potential customers. Make sure to find the balance between posting promotional contents and engagement. As much as possible, you need to focus in building engagement and good business-consumer relationship. Building a sincere connection to consumers will make them feel that they are valued. Remember that consumers will more likely to choose a business that gives them value rather than those businesses that focus in promoting themselves.
How will you know you have reached your goals if you don’t know how to measure results? Track your progress. This will serve as your guide on how far you have gone or if you need more effort to achieve your goals. Keeping a record of your progress can also help you analyze which part of the campaign needs improvement and which works well.
Social media is an effective marketing tool for a lead generation and mastering the use of this tool can contribute a lot on your lead generation efforts. However, this is just one tool and there are still a lot of strategies which can affect lead generation. Maximize your efforts and make sure you have every aspect of lead generation like your website, content and your marketing teams are aligned towards your goal to generate leads for your business.
If you need help, do not hesitate to ask from our SEO expert to help you in your digital marketing efforts.